Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update
Date: 14 Apr 2002 12:49:46 +0200

> > ./autogen.sh complains:
> > configure.in:21: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PO_SUBDIRS
>
> Okay, I guess I have to add that one to aclocals.m4 then. It also
> insists on having a 'intl' directory even though we don't need it. I'll
> feed it an empty one and hope it'll be happy. There are probably some
> more issues. We'll have to see and fix them as they come up.

Gettext documentation suggests doing so, yes. Looks like they macros
aren't stable enough to make it in /usr/share/aclocal yet. Strange thing
is that I'm using the latest gettext from apt, that is, certainly the
same as you (0.10.40-4)

> > Also, having looked at some schedules, I noticed all sentences were
> > enclosed into _(), but shouldn't we call nls_translate instead? Maybe
> > it comes from the fact you weren't able to commit all your changes,
> > though.
>
> Not for the schedules. As that text is displayed using text_bubbles, the
> translation will occur in the text_bubble code.

Ah, of course. But in this case, why are you using _()? Raw strings
would do it too, no?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org