Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:54:55 -0400

Savannah is meant for individual software packages.  It seems like
a mistake to try to put a distro there.

  > If we take GPLv3 (and not the v2), it should be compatible with the
  > Apache2 License.

That is true, but still...

  > Are any license in that list[1] used?
  > Maybe some EPL? Probably OpenSSL?

  > Paul, could you check? (You have the full source code).

This would be an additional reason to do it outside Savannah.
But there are enough other reasons.

Also, it seems like a mistake to add this to the responsibilities of
the Savannah hackers.

In addition, this isn't part of GNU.

So let's make this a separate host, replicant.nongnu.org or
replicant.fsf.org.

--
Dr Richard Stallman