Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting

From: Paul Kocialkowski
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:51:22 +0200

Le lundi 15 juin 2015 à 13:33 +0200, Nacho Gonzlez Lpez a écrit :
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 04:12:22AM -0400, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> >    Nacho: what about chapters?  See below.
> >
> > Not sure if there is more, but currently chapters has:
> >
> > /dev/xvda2       99G   71G   23G  76% /
>
> Chapters is a VM on top of chapxen:
>
>       address@hidden:~# df -h
>       Filesystem          Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>       rootfs              400G   93G  304G  24% /
>
> I should have space for 100 GB HD and 4 GB ram.

That's good news! Now that storage space is no longer an issue, what
about the legal requirements? Would either the various licenses used in
Replicant or the patents-related considerations (and perhaps other types
of problems that I missed) be a problem for hosting the Replicant source
code at Savannah?

I read somewhere that the license used must be GPL-compatible, but
perhaps that's only for GNU projects.

We are still waiting for a definitive answer from the FSF, but just in
case it is negative, I prefer to start discussing the feasibility of
hosting at Savannah now instead of waiting. Thus, I will only create an
account there and start pushing if needed.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: http://www.replicant.us/
Blog: http://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: http://redmine.replicant.us/