Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting

From: Paul Kocialkowski
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:56:59 +0200

Le lundi 15 juin 2015 à 10:33 +0200, Paul Kocialkowski a écrit :
> Le lundi 15 juin 2015 à 04:12 -0400, Alfred M. Szmidt a écrit :
> >    However, we are not sure that Savannah would be ready to host the full
> >    source code of the Replicant system, along with a few extra repositories
> >    such as our website. In total, we expect that the full source code is
> >    about 50 GiB and this will keep on increasing, but will certainly remain
> >    under, say, 100 GiB.
> >
> > That is one huge repo, what does it include? Why is it so big?  Does
> > that include _only_ source code? Or are binary releases included in
> > the number?
>
> Well, we're not talking about one repo, but rather a big number of them,
> probably around fifty, for the full Replicant source code. It's all the
> source code needed for the full operating system build.
>
> There are also prebuilt binaries, mostly for the toolchains.

In any case, if it's not possible to be hosted at Savannah, we can wait
for an answer about being hosted directly by the FSF. If both those
options are not possible, we'll have to fallback to other options,
operated by third party that we do not fully trust.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: http://www.replicant.us/
Blog: http://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: http://redmine.replicant.us/