Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Replicant source code hosting
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 16:46:38 +0200

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 21:20:36 GMT
Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
> There is only 36gb available on the relevant Savannah partition right
> now (and 112gb used).  I don't know how much disk space is available
> on the underlying hardware or if FSF sysadmins have time to look into
> resizzing.  (They are the only ones who have to do all such things.)

Assuming Replicant very strongly prefer Savanah or don't have good
alternatives with enough space,
If there is not enough space on the underlying hardware, could that be
worked around if Replicant provides it?

I've not checked, but we may be allowed to use Replicant's funds for
that. Could the FSF then buy the hardware in Replicant's behalf and
provision it?
In that case:
-> We need to make sure that the hardware is used in a way that is
   compatible with the way Replicant is allowed to use its funds.
-> There is probably some other things to take into account (like
   backups, redundancy and so on).

Denis.