Re: [savannah-help-public] [task #13637] Submission of debian rescue ini

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [task #13637] Submission of debian rescue initrd image
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:46:36 -0400

Hello,

On 06/15/2015 02:24 PM, address@hidden wrote:
[...] how to push the project files to Savannah using mercurial.

On my PC I'm using CVS hooked to a local repo, and I'd like to use an
orthogonal VCS system to interact with Savannah.  I tried to follow the
directions at http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingHg/ but hg keeps
complaining that the remote end is not a repository (the .hg directory
does not exist), and since I have no shell access, I cannot run a "hg
init" via ssh.

The mercurial repository has already been created for you, when you selected "use
mercurial" in the "Select Features" menu of the project.

For example, anonymous clone does work:

    $ hg clone http://hg.sv.gnu.org/hgweb/debianrescueimg
    real URL is http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/debianrescueimg
    destination directory: debianrescueimg
    no changes found
    updating to branch default
    0 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

and the web-view also works: http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/debianrescueimg .

I see you've added two public ssh keys, so first let's check your ability to
connect to the repository.
Please try the following:

    $ ssh address@hidden uname
    Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.

If you see the same message ("you are not allowed") - this is good: it means
connecting with SSH works.
If you get:

    $ ssh address@hidden uname
    Permission denied (publickey).

Then the public ssh keys you've uploaded do not much the private key you are
using.

Once SSH connection works, you should be able to push using the following
command:

    hg push ssh://address@hidden/debianrescueimg

Let us know if this works.
regards,