Re: Experimental IMAP branch

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: Experimental IMAP branch
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 18:25:31 -0500

Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org> wrote:
    > Since Rust allows transparent calls into C, we can seamlessly embed Rust
into
    > nmh programs.  Why not give it a shot?

I'm also a C->Rust enthusiast.

My IMAP goals are different from yours:  I want my 3G of MH archives to be
accessible over IMAP.  No IMAP server with recent activity supports MH
folders correctly.

But, I could live with just my inbox hierarchy being on IMAP server and
accessible from multiple places for now.

    > Thanks, and happy hacking!

is it in imap-prototype branch then?

./configure
make
saw some .rs stuff go bye... error...

make distclean, try again....  nope:

sbr/folder_manager_client.c:1291:1: error: conflicting types for
‘mh_folder_manager_connect’
 mh_folder_manager_connect(
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from sbr/folder_manager_client.c:21:
./h/managed_folders.h:52:1: note: previous declaration of
‘mh_folder_manager_connect’ was here
 mh_folder_manager_connect(mh_managed_folder *);

git says I'm at:
commit da91fd0d7636915ae6986921a6829559d5821d55 (HEAD -> imap-prototype,
origin/imap-prototype)
Author: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
Date:   Fri Feb 11 21:34:46 2022 -0600

    Start experimental IMAP folder manager.