Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:09:40 +0700

    Date:        Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:07:52 -0500
    From:        Steven Winikoff <smw@smwonline.ca>

  | >So I'm curious, why is the ASCII encoded as ASCII?  Why not just fold
  | >the header as usual?
  |
  | I have absolutely no idea.

I don't know the app in question, but I can guess.   Folding that
way requires no smarts of any kind, and should be understood as
intended by any (modern) recipient, no matter where the actual
line break is inserted.

Personally I prefer to manually insert the line break, so things
look good whether unfolded or not.  But your typical app for e-mail
novices cannot assume the ability to do things like that, and tends
to assume the average user believes that newline is useful only
to divide paragraphs.   So sad.

kre