Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: Steven Winikoff
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:10:08 -0500

>> [ re -decodeheaderfieldbodies ]
>
>Ok, couple of issues, both due to very limited support of
>encoded formats by -decodeheaderfieldbodies.  I'll work on
>them.

Thank you.

>Note that the only encoded headers in your message are
>us-ascii, that seems pointless.

In the case of that particular message, the encoded headers are ones that
I'd almost never want to search for anyway.

But today I sent myself a message using an IMAP-based app on my phone,
resulting in the appended, and I'd definitely want to decode the Subject:
header.

Unfortunately, running it through mhfixmsg results in the message coming
back unchanged.  Is that specifically about -decodeheaderfieldbodies, or
is mhfixmsg doing nothing because the message body is already unencoded
text/plain?

     - Steven