m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows

From: Anubhav Chattoraj
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:49:00 +0530

> This "my input method does this, users of XYZ community can go modify files on their own if they care" approach is not one that I agree with.

I don't believe you've addressed the point I (or Satish) raised, which was that every "XYZ community", as you put it, will require its own symbols, and it is not possible to include all these community-specific symbols within a single input method in any user-friendly way.

> "Users first, engineering convenience second" is what I want. That is what makes great, fun to use products.

I do not see how this statement contributes to the discussion; everyone here is concerned with the user experience. Your comment seems to dismiss everyone who has contributed to this discussion, except yourself alone, as "lazy engineers".

---

Either way, it seems as though a consensus has been reached: Leave the original files alone, and fork to accommodate Vasuki's requirements.

I do not believe further discussion will be productive, and am therefore withdrawing from this thread.