m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows

From: Parag Nemade
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:00:37 +0530

Hi Kenichi,

On 10/10/2013 04:09 AM, विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) wrote:

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM, bd satish <address@hidden> wrote:
Those comments were probably written by you because they point to your
personal website. So, doesn't count.
Oh - and not because they describe the behavior of the mapping in the file?

Devanagari is well specified by Unicode [1] and ITRANS mapping is also
well-specified [2].
And OPTITRANS isn't?

If any new mapping doesn't relate to either of
them, then hi-itrans.mim and sa-itrans.mim shouldn't be touched IMO.
No no - going by your logic --

Kenichi should restore hi-itrans to what it was before I first touched it - that would conform to ITRANS. (hi-itrans most certainly does not conform to ITRANS. satiish yields सतीश, not सतीश् . . yields ।.)

And sa-itrans was contributed by me - it diverges from ITRANS greatly too. So I would like it moved.

+1. Don't add new mappings in hi-itrans.mim file. If needed fork this keymap file.

Regards,
Parag Nemade.