m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows

From: Vish vas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Add arrows
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:23:12 -0700

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM, bd satish <address@hidden> wrote:
I've mapped << and >> respectively to show up angle brackets, that is, « and »
These are also very uncommon, but I need it for my work. Including
your changes conflicts with my use case.

We are now using /> and /< - so there is no conflict.

>>  Point is it is important / de jour for some people (eg: me), who receive messages such as

Point is unless it is important for everyone else (not just me),
mappings should not be included in a central repo like m17n.

Disagree. It should be useful for some m17n devanAgarI users. Otherwise, most people don't ever type य़् or ॼ्.

Vishvas /विश्वासः