Re: Prefer luatex for documentation

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Prefer luatex for documentation
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:50:45 +0100

I'd have thought au jour d'ui 227MB qualifies as small, no? It's averaging
at 500kB/package which is bigger than I thought (I'd have thought more like
50k tops, tbh) but it seems like it'd be a relatively manageable size for a
one-off setup...

A compiler or browser release or a couple weeks worth of system updates are
probably a comparable size?

I'm also wondering whether your point that you get all locales together
would imply that the locale test can simply check for a couple ones that
are not commonly together, amd if that fails ask to install a complete
package?

After all if a developer can't spare a couple hundred megs is not like
they'll be able to build much on their machine, nor use it for much longer
that day anyways...