Re: Prefer luatex for documentation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Prefer luatex for documentation
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 12:36:56 +0000 (UTC)

> Note that I personally haven’t objected to declaring LuaTeX
> supported.  I do object to keeping XeTeX in that case.

To clarify what Jean wants if he mentions 'maintenance burden': We are
talking about a potential change checking for all three TeX variants
in the `configure` script, or rather, what TeX versions should be
tested against.

The patch for such a decision is trivial.  It doesn't mean that it
would no longer be possible to build the documentation for a given TeX
flavour, it is just that `xetex` (or `pdftex`) would be no longer in
the toolchain for CI and building the final version of the
documentation.

    Werner