Re: Prefer luatex for documentation,Re: Prefer luatex for documentation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Prefer luatex for documentation,Re: Prefer luatex for documentation
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:43:08 +0000 (UTC)

> Indeed, I didn't find a Perl library that would support locales
> without them being present on the system.  However, all of
>
> https://perldoc.perl.org/Unicode::Collate (Perl)
> https://github.com/jtauber/pyuca (Python)
> https://docs.rs/unicode-collation/0.0.1/unicode_collation/ (Rust)
>
> support user-provided collation tailoring tables.

Mhmm, I'm not really enthused to maintain collation tables for a bunch
of languages just to avoid locales.

Instead, I suggest that a future `texindex` Perl script simply emits a
warning if no fitting locale is available (that is, we should request
such a feature from the Texinfo maintainers in case it isn't
provided).

    Werner