Re: Prefer luatex for documentation

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Prefer luatex for documentation
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:43:24 +0100

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022, 13:34 Jean Abou Samra, <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

>  build problems are fixed by developers, not users, sometimes very
> painfully, and using time that they could spend on other tasks.

If Werner's change breaks the build, surely he'll be the first one to argue
it's on him to fix it (possibly with help to learn how tonfix whatever he
doesn't know how to fix), no?

Besides, you can always spend time on other tasks, but sometimes you do fun
things and sometimes you do chores, that's just life, isn't it... Entropy
is a problem, especially in software, and this kind of upgrade and tidy-up
activity is more on the chore side. This is why we all tend to do this when
there is also some more material benefit, to sweeten the boredom of the
chore side of it...

And to what Wols said: I agree completely, it should be _all_ about the
users, coding is an act of service, not self-gratification. The joy comes
from making (other) humans happy, not compilers...