Re: Prefer luatex for documentation

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Prefer luatex for documentation
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:34:22 +0100

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 2:05 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> > Le 21 nov. 2022 à 13:46, Luca Fascione <l.fascione@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > Sorry, luatex is like 10yrs old, what's the need for xetex again?
> Are you asking this to me (judging from To:/Cc:)? I don’t see one.

No, I was asking the group in general.
Editing emails on my phone is... obnoxious.

> > Maybe I could justify pdftex (I really don't quite see it, but maybe)
> As said on the MR, it is faster and makes for lighter CI Docker images.

Oh luatex is definitely slower, but still, is it slower enough that it
makes a real difference?
I'd imagine for package maintainer folks and developers it's no matter, it
might slow down doc folks if the build the
tex stuff a lot, but I'd like to hear from them anyways before jumping to
that conclusion.

--
Luca Fascione