Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:12:47 -0400

Robert Martinez <mail@mray.de> writes:

> I think we can first link so something pretty easy to digest, similar
> to how CC does it:
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/  (or maybe even more reduced)
> and go into more detail via another link.

There seems to be much disagreement about the effectiveness of the
"human readable deed" approach. I would suggest for the first iteration
of this, use the existing Free Software Definition page (possibly after
making a few improvements to the introduction).

This is analogous to other labeling programs to me. Labeling criteria
are often very specific and detailed; I think ours would actually be
quite simple compared to many that are out there (for animal testing,
eco-friendly, and so on).

> I propose to stick to a label without typography, so we avoid
> multilingual issues and can offer a label that works on in an size on
> any background.

I think words might be necessary, but they could be in a tooltip rather
than the label image.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.