Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: Robert Martinez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:26:33 +0200

On 30/05/12 01:24, John Sullivan wrote:
We don't intentionally make pages on fsf.org or gnu.org unappealing. We
hope that people will help us make them more so, rather than make new
pages elsewhere :). Especially when they are something so core to our
purpose as this.

-john

I regard this as a necessary side-effect. :D
Pages on fsf.org have a high information value and density.
They also need to fit into the general layout.
So the page I have in mind is set free from those two (otherwise reasonable) limitations.

people clicking on the label should not need to feel pushed to read on about the FSF, the GPL, the definition or other important issues. They should get a condensed and "polished" impression of what we agree to be at the heart of the free software.

oh, as a sidenote: the fsf page could need a facelift no matter what ;)

-robert