Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: Robert Martinez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 21:44:56 +0200

On 23/05/12 21:12, John Sullivan wrote:
Yes. I think we should have that label link to
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html, and that if the page needs
to be clearer for this purpose, suggestions should be made to
rms@gnu.org. He has already made some changes relatively recently to
make it a better page for explaining the meaning of free software, in
addition to providing the official technical definition.

I think this is a great idea.

The label could say "Free as in Freedom".

-john

I think we can first link so something pretty easy to digest, similar to how CC does it:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/  (or maybe even more reduced)
and go into more detail via another link.

I propose to stick to a label without typography, so we avoid multilingual issues and can offer a label that works on in an size on any background.

-robert