Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: Robert Martinez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 21:36:59 +0200

On 27/05/12 12:51, al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:
I can not understand how "trasparent" could be something applicable to "ethical
choices"...

by "transparent" I mean a well informed state of the situation before you choose what you think is right. if for some reason you are uncertain about some terminology or facts the process of your choice (in this case an ethical one) would be "in-transparent"

The idea that a label can serve to make people's choices more ethical and
conscious or to spread freedom is simply wrong, and can only lead to the
opposite result...

I agree. But that wasn't what I suggested.
The idea is not to manipulate a choice with a label, but to facilitate the choosing (hopefully in favour for free software). The premise is that people value the idea of free software already, but have a hard time recognizing it for various reasons.