Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: Robert Martinez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:08:32 +0200

On 23/05/12 23:12, John Sullivan wrote:
There seems to be much disagreement about the effectiveness of the
"human readable deed" approach. I would suggest for the first iteration
of this, use the existing Free Software Definition page (possibly after
making a few improvements to the introduction).

This is analogous to other labeling programs to me. Labeling criteria
are often very specific and detailed; I think ours would actually be
quite simple compared to many that are out there (for animal testing,
eco-friendly, and so on).

I wouldn't suggest to omit the info.
I'd rather put the walls of text on a prominent link called "FULL DEFINITION" or something else. The focus should be on making the key values easily visible, such as only mentioning the four freedoms (maybe with examples) and a list of the most common licenses that are regarded free software.

Do you think we would loose something that way?