Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:16:16 -0300

Indeed I don't realy care about the file naming.

You might not care, but I do ;-) It's important.

What I see is that you want to keep a separate numbering for GNUHealth that
doesn't include the Tryton series. And that's fine. So you must show this
number also in the __tryton__.py file to keep concistant.
But for someone who is installing GNUHealth, he must know the list of
dependencies of the packages and this must be done in the "Python world" with
a setup.py script which contains install_requires. And in this setup script it
must have as requirements something like:

   'trytond >= 2.0, < 2.1'

That's ok, as I said before.

So I think the zodman's patch is a good starting point but there is some
issues that needs to be fixed like:

   - what is the download page
   - keep the GNUHealth numbering
   - define the package naming ("trytond_medical_xxx")

All the development and downloads is at GNU's Savannah

https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/health/

This brings me to a new question how do we contribute?

We are in the process of migrating everything to the Savannah. We'll have already the mailing lists, task manager and Mercurial repository.

You're a member already, so you should be able to use the resources.

About the bugtracking system, I'm debating between the standard Savannah or the debbugs, both at GNU. I leave it open for discussion.

So I guess we should have all the items ready by the end of the week, good timing !!  :-)

Best
Luis

--
Cédric Krier