Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah

From: zodman
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:33:08 -0500

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 5:33 AM, Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 13/09/11 07:16 -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
>> >
>> > Indeed I don't realy care about the file naming.
>> >

>> You might not care, but I do ;-) It's important.
>
> It is just conventions.
>
>> > So I think the zodman's patch is a good starting point but there is some
>> > issues that needs to be fixed like:
>> >
>> >    - what is the download page
>> >    - keep the GNUHealth numbering
>> >    - define the package naming ("trytond_medical_xxx")
>> >

>> All the development and downloads is at GNU's Savannah
>>
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/health/
>
> This means that you will need to have archives for each modules like:
>
>    trytond_medical-1.3.1.tar.gz
>    trytond_medical_genetics-1.3.1.tar.gz
>    trytond_medical_gyneco-1.3.1.tar.gz
>
> But you could always have your all in one archives.
>
>> > This brings me to a new question how do we contribute?
>> >
>> We are in the process of migrating everything to the Savannah. We'll have
>> already the mailing lists, task manager and Mercurial repository.
>>
>> You're a member already, so you should be able to use the resources.
>
> Ok. But what is the workflow? How do we agree on changes? Should we use
> codereview? etc.
>
> --
> Cédric Krier
>
> B2CK SPRL
> Rue de Rotterdam, 4
> 4000 Liège
> Belgium
> Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
> Email/Jabber: address@hidden
> Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

I greed with cedric i think the best have an archive each package and
maintain compatible with cheeseshop.

so the thinks what need fix:

>> >    - what is the download page

Ok if health use: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/ need a subdirectory
named modules/ and put each module here.

>> >    - keep the GNUHealth numbering

If gnuhealth will been on cheeseshop So need change the tryton_version
to compatible with tryton naming
>> >    - define the package naming ("trytond_medical_xxx")
same as top ^

this remember when a package will be add to gnome officially. I
develop an app 0.1 but it accepted to be on gnome 2.28/3.0 i need
change the number of release from 0.1 to 2.28 or 3.0 for maintain and
be accepted officially by gnome.

--
Andres Vargas
www.zodman.com.mx