Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 00:21:34 +0200

On 13/09/11 22:53 +0200, Cédric Krier wrote:
> On 13/09/11 17:41 -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
> > I'm opening a task at the Savannah with the subject of "package manager for
> > GNU Health", so we can work on it, and assigning it to you :-)
>
> No problem. But I want to know if the setup.py scripts will be also used when
> new release is published.

Here is the first patch for medical module [1], it is a similar patch of
zodman but I have kept the version numbering requirements etc.
If it is ok, I will continue for other modules.

I have tested it by running:

    python setup.py test

And it fetched trytond, trytond_party etc. and it runs correctly the test.

So once every module will have their own setup.py, the release manager should
just run:

    python setup.py sdist upload

To put the module on PyPI.

PS: the release manager should register with his PyPI account once every
modules with:

    python setup.py register

PS2: of course the setup.py script contains the version number of trytond as it
can not be deduced from the GNUHealth numbering.

[1] https://codereview.appspot.com/5003046

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL