Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:03:24 -0300

2011/9/13 Cédric Krier <address@hidden>
On 13/09/11 05:30 -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
> 2011/9/12 Cédric Krier <address@hidden>

> > current
> > > Tryton version. This is very specific to Tryton, keeping the "generic"
> > > version number for other apps, like Android.
> >
> > But will it not introduce missunderstanding for the user when he will see
> > different version number per example on the website and in the module list
> > in
> > the client?
> >
> It shouldn't. We can specify it in the file name though.

I don't understand.

You can have it in the file name ( tar.gz ) specifying the Tryton version. The current format today is gnuhealth.major.minor.build.<app>.tar.gz

So in <app> today we have tryton. Here I could add the version number of the Tryton server, so gnuhealth.1.3.2.tryton2.0.tar.gz

We use the minor number to specify development (odd numbers) vs stable ( even ).

> > I would like to have the same version number for the different
> > applications.
> > >
> > > We are already doing this in the module stack, and it would be great to
> > have
> > > it in other applications, but I'm open to other suggestions !
> >
> > I don't understand what do you name "other applications"?
> >
> Android client, for example.

I don't understand. An Android client is just a client. It must just be
conform to the communication protocols of the server which means it is linked
to a series. So it should have nothing to do with the numbering of the modules
on the server side.

Is a way of grouping development.

--
Cédric Krier