gpsd-users

Re: ubxtool

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ubxtool
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 14:51:55 -0700

Yo address@hidden!

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:19:51 -0400
<address@hidden> wrote:

> >>Back up a few.  So you are running StrSrv into the receiver serial
> >>port,
> but gps is connecting to the USB port?
>
> Since I could not put the Logic Analyzer on the USB connection I
> switched to using the Serial Port.  On Windows and RaspberryPi a
> serial port is being used not USB.

Sorry, my mind reading failed to follow your changes.

So, your setup is now to always send the RTCM3 data into the same
port on the receiver?  Directly on windows, and through gpsd on linux?

Correct?  Anything else change?  Or unclear?

> >>I noted before that the defaults for the u-blox serial port and USB
> >>port
> are not the same.  I asked before for you to send us the u-blox
> config for those ports.
>
> Which configuration parameter do you want?

Dunno.  The one that tells us the problem?

Maybe:
    UBX-CFG-CFG
    UBX-CFG-DGNSS
    UBX-CFG-GNSS
    UBX-CFG-INF
    UBX-CFG-NAV5
    UBX-CFG-PMS
    UBX-CFG-PRT

ubxtool needs an option to quickly dump all the config it can find.

Less important now that we know you are using the same serial port
in both case.  I assume the only difference today, is wether strsrv or
gpsd is sendgin RTCM3 to the receiver?

Have you tried the "-b" option yet?

RGDS
GARY