gpsd-users

Re: GPSD For Real Time Application

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: GPSD For Real Time Application
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 20:19:41 -0700

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 08:12:49 +0530
Kashyap Gada <address@hidden> wrote:

> Speed of Locomotive can be max 100MPH. During the movement, a user may
> manually enter into the system an event from a pre determined list of
> events. Now the event has to be recorded along with the latest
> coordinates. The location that is recorded along with manual event
> needs to have 5 meter accurate Co ordinates so if I can revisit the
> same site where event was recorded. event can be different track
> features, bridges, signals etc.

I'm guessing that by "manual event" you mean someone on the locomotive
clicks on a button or something on a laptop or such. In that case, what
you are recording is not the time and location of the actual event, but
those of the operator clicking on the button. Given human reaction time,
that latency will be at least .5 seconds, and could easily be over a
second.

Can you automate these "manual events"? Maybe photograph at 10 Hz and
associate each photo with a fix? Or re-think your requirements.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/