gpsd-users

Re: GPSD For Real Time Application

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: GPSD For Real Time Application
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 17:22:32 +0100

On 12/29/19 4:48 PM, Kashyap Gada wrote:
> Dear Bernd,
>
> How can we mix gyro data with GPS to get better location?

Well, a programming language of your choice and math?

> Vehicle Locomotive, Can get wheel tick.

Then you should be able to get the current speed in a very exact way
without gps. If it is a locomotive, I'd also assume that it is running
on rails. As the position of railways is known in advance, you can use
that information in the calculation of your position.

> What can additional sensors be?

As I've mentioned, a gyrosensor.
Or speed sensors on wheels/motor whatever gives an exact speed.