gpsd-users

Re: GPSD For Real Time Application

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPSD For Real Time Application
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 23:09:52 -0800

Yo Kashyap!

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 09:19:10 +0530
Kashyap Gada <address@hidden> wrote:

> >if that was CEP, 1 or 2 standard deviations, 95th percentile, or 99th
> >percentile.
>
> I am a very novice user about the navigation and locations. You
> rightly mentioned that I would need a consultant.

A lot to learn.

> Currently I have
> set Ublox Neo M8U at 10hz with all other settings at default.

As I said before, you need to at least change the Dynamic Platform Model.

> I require CEP <5M at 99%.

Never gonna happen.  One big storm, tunnel, underpass, and that 1% is
long gone.

> That___s my requirement and NEO-M8U is CEP 2.5M
> at 50%. This device doesn___t fulfil my requirements but that is what I
> have right now and I want that with whatever accuracy it operates

It will be hard to do much better.  The new u-blox 9 have better
resistance to fade.  Maybe run them in base/rover configuration.

> first thing is I want to have a working application at 10Hz.

A good start.

> Simultaneously I am looking for better GNSS receivers which can
> provide better locations.

No receiver can get a fix in a tunnel.

RGDS
GARY