gpsd-users

Re: GPSD For Real Time Application

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPSD For Real Time Application
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 18:54:56 -0800

Yo Kashyap!

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 08:12:49 +0530
Kashyap Gada <address@hidden> wrote:

> Speed of Locomotive can be max 100MPH. During the movement, a user may
> manually enter into the system an event from a pre determined list of
> events. Now the event has to be recorded along with the latest
> coordinates. The location that is recorded along with manual event
> needs to have 5 meter accurate Co ordinates so if I can revisit the
> same site where event was recorded. event can be different track
> features, bridges, signals etc.

100 mph is 44.7 meters per second.  At 10Hz you'll get a (delayed)
fix every 4.7 meters.  Any additional error source and you miss your
accuracy goal.  You will need to figure out the fix delay, calculate
velocities, and interpolate the position to get good accuracy.

As Greg said, if any of this is unclear, you need a consultant.

> Where can i find Gary & Greg reply?

On the email list.

> Have they replied to this thread?

Yes.

> I haven't received it, if yes!

Odd.  There is always the email archive:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588