gpsd-users

Re: GPSD For Real Time Application

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: GPSD For Real Time Application
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 16:41:23 +0100

Hi,

On 12/27/19 7:31 PM, Kashyap Gada wrote:
> My application -
> Record some events/sensor readings in a moving vehicle 100MPH using a
> Ublox Neo-M8U GPS. Accuracy required is better that 5 meters.

additionally to the comments you've got so far:
I think you should at least have an additional gyro sensor which gives
you some movement data to combine with what you've got from the GPS.
Also if you have other sensors in your vehicle - use them.
You did not mention which kind of vehicle and what you are doing with it
- but if you are not 100% sure that you'll always have good gps
reception (or that you are not close to chinese pig farms with fake gps
transmitters), you *will* have to use additional sensors.