Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:09:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Diego Novillo wrote:

> OMP pragmas aren't too elaborate, are they?

I think they are fairly elaborate. For instance, for defyining parallel
regions:

#pragma omp parallel [clause ...]
{

}

Where "clause" is one or more of the statements below:

                     if (scalar_expression)
                     private (list)
                     shared (list)
                     default (shared | none)
                     firstprivate (list)
                     reduction (operator: list)
                     copyin (list)

This syntax is (almost) shared by the pragmas

omp parallel
omp parallel for
omp parallel sections

Somehow simpler are the "omp sections" and "opm for", but just because
they are "sub-pragmas" of "opm parallel".

If you want to get a quick but quite precise idea on how things work, I
found useful to OpenMP tutorial at

http://www.llnl.gov/computing/tutorials/workshops/workshop/openMP/MAIN.html

Biagio