Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP
Date: 04 Feb 2003 00:46:37 +0100

Op ma 03-02-2003, om 23:16 schreef Diego Novillo:
> On Mon, 03 Feb 2003, Pop Sébastian wrote:
>
> > So I think that here is where we will "parse" OMP pragmas arguments...
> > Another extension will just build an equivalent tree node as
> > for Open64's OPC_PRAGMA node.
> >
> > I don't think that implementing another mini-C front-end based on treelang
> > will help our design.
> >
> Agreed.  Once identified, adding the OMP #pragmas to GCC should
> be fairly straightforward.  I can do the initial implementation.
> Unfortunately, I won't have much time to go over the OpenMP specs
> for a while.

It's not entirely trivial to do this, you know.  GCC's implementation is
actually very "pragma-unfriendly".  All pragmas that GCC currently can
handle are pragmas that put no restrictions on whatever syntax follows
the pragma itself.  There's no interaction between the #pragma handlers
and the parser AFAICT.

Greetz
Steven