Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP
Date: 04 Feb 2003 22:23:20 +0100

Op di 04-02-2003, om 19:36 schreef Diego Novillo:
> On Tue, 04 Feb 2003, Pop Sébastian wrote:
>
> > Once we have all this I think we could merge with tree-ssa, allowing
> > analyzers to emit nodes with parallel semantics based either on the
> > OMP_PRAGMA nodes, or on their results.
> >
> Well, you don't need to merge into tree-ssa.  I will be syncing
> the omp branch with tree-ssa on a regular basis.  So omp-branch
> will always be the latest tree-ssa plus OMP changes.
>
> Once tree-ssa is merged into mainline, we make omp-branch a
> branch of mainline.

Sounds good enough.

Like you said, the initial change sets will be relatively small.  There
will probably a new file c-openmp.c (I'm working on that right now), and
there would be some small modifications to tree.{def,h,c?} and
c-simplify.c.

Invasive enough to not put it in the tree-ssa branch for now, simple
enough to allow one branch be merged into the other without too much
effort.

Greetz
Steven