Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Open64's implementation of OpenMP
Date: 04 Feb 2003 22:28:31 +0100

Op di 04-02-2003, om 18:44 schreef Diego Novillo:
> On Tue, 04 Feb 2003, Biagio Lucini wrote:
>
> > This syntax is (almost) shared by the pragmas
> >
> > omp parallel
> > omp parallel for
> > omp parallel sections
> >
> > Somehow simpler are the "omp sections" and "opm for", but just because
> > they are "sub-pragmas" of "opm parallel".
> >
> Thanks.  It shouldn't be a huge deal.  Then again, I won't be the
> one making those changes :)

The hardest part is making sure that whatever follows the pragma is
legal.  You don't want to write your own 'for'-parser just for OpenMP,
but OpenMP directives restrict the syntax of such statements.  There are
similair examples.

I don't have a clue how this would have to be dealt with, and if no-one
on this list does, I guess we'll have to ask on the gcc mailing list.

Greetz
Steven