Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:11:57 -0700

On 6/28/06, Thomas Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

I do not like tabs and  use  four spaces for all tab characters.

I hope you will use GNU style (2-space) indenting.

Yes, I  generally follow  the  2-space indent  in the original tla  code.  But sometimes my other habit shows...   I will  follow the GNU style and clean up the non-compliant part.  However, my other programs unrelated to tla may follow my own preference...

For a while there was a volunteer who helped (quite nicely,
IMO), by regularly submitting patches that replaced tab
characters with spaces.

I hope he comes back...

Emacs users should note that there is an option in C-mode
that makes the tab key result in inserting spaces rather
than tab characters.

At any rate, that particular file was not formatted in
a way that makes any sense from any perspective which
suggests that code review is not in a healthy state.

I encourage everyone to look at the  current code and send suggestions or patches as Alfred does.

-t

Sigh.

Hey, Andy.... um.... huh?

-t