Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:50:16 +0900

>>>>> "Alfred" == Alfred M Szmidt <address@hidden> writes:

    Alfred> It is valid GNU C though,

Ain't no such thing.  GNU C, quite properly, simply implements the real
standards, and allows you to switch among them.  The default is
something like "the most recent ISO standard adopted at least 5 years
ago, less the stuff we haven't yet implemented without bugs, plus some
really obscene extensions we've grown quite fond of," and it's been
known to change with the "micro" version. :-)

    Alfred> and I think [declarations anywhere in a block] might be valid C99.

It is.  For recent GCCs that default to -std=c99

    gcc -Wdeclaration-after-statement

should help.  The maintainer might want to add -Werror to bring it to
his attention forcibly....