Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OpenBSD madness...
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:44:24 -0700

Andy Tai wrote:

Much, but not all of the indenting weirdness of the
file appears to be the result of someone editing code
with tab width set to 4 characters.  Other parts -- well,
I can't even begin to imagine what the author(s) were
thinking.

I do not like tabs and  use  four spaces for all tab characters.

I hope you will use GNU style (2-space) indenting.

For a while there was a volunteer who helped (quite nicely,
IMO), by regularly submitting patches that replaced tab
characters with spaces.

Emacs users should note that there is an option in C-mode
that makes the tab key result in inserting spaces rather
than tab characters.

At any rate, that particular file was not formatted in
a way that makes any sense from any perspective which
suggests that code review is not in a healthy state.

-t

Sigh.

Hey, Andy.... um.... huh?

-t