[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: File naming conventions

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: File naming conventions
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:29:29 +0200

* Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> [Oct 26, 2004 22:20]:
> If not pc, perhaps ac (arch escape conversion), aec, tc, or something
> similarly short. It's the kind of thing where a naming convention should
> have been decided on years ago, where perhaps the first letter is always
> "c" (for convert) the second "e" for escape, and the third specific to
> the app. Perhaps we can start such a convention. cea|cae?

And perhaps we should spell 'create', 'creat'?

Seriously, why make things so difficult to understand?  You know, this
English dude tried to come up with a new language back in the 1700th
century where everything was put into one of 40 categories and then
there were different subcategories with subcategories and so on.
Basically, you could tell what a word meant in the real world (we're
talking mostly about nouns here) simply by looking at its letters, not
by placing some arbitrary label for it.  It didn't work; we're still
speaking a language that is a mish-mash of various other languages where
different words meaning different things are spelled the same and/or
pronounced the same.  It's hopeless to try to tame languages...
        nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::