Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:21:00 +1000

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 10:09, Matthew Dempsky wrote:
> Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> p.s.: Emacs-21 is looking pretty nifty.
>
> I would hope so, tomorrow will be 21.1's 3rd birthday!  (I wasn't able
> to find 21.1's release date in 15 seconds of googling so I don't know
> how much older it is.)
>
> > link?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
>
> > hints?
>
> apt-get install emacs21

I used Emacs for about two years full time, documenting Docbook SGML. I
plan to go back to it, as I've kind of had enough of vim (1.5 years
before emacs, and 3 years since).

I had assumed from Tom's comment that some new version of emacs was
about to be released or something, and that there might have been a link
to a page detailed "what's new".

But three years old... made me do a double take. I'm guessing the tla
support in EMACS is making it quite comfortable/ nice to use...

thanks anyway,
zen