Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:15:16 +1000

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 17:20, Miles Bader wrote:
> Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:
> > Or perhaps pc, the PikaConvert utility, which can convert between pika
> > escaping, plain ascii (with limitiations, etc), xargs -0 format, your
> > suggestion of a cut-down pika escaping, etc, etc.
>
> This particular formulation seems nice to me.  Better use a longer name
> though ("pikaconv"?); pc means "pascal compiler"... :-)

Unfortunate if pc is in fact taken. Perhaps pconv - this is the type of
thing that really wants to be as short as possible.

If not pc, perhaps ac (arch escape conversion), aec, tc, or something
similarly short. It's the kind of thing where a naming convention should
have been decided on years ago, where perhaps the first letter is always
"c" (for convert) the second "e" for escape, and the third specific to
the app. Perhaps we can start such a convention. cea|cae?

cheers
zen