[Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:20:29 +0900

Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:
> Or perhaps pc, the PikaConvert utility, which can convert between pika
> escaping, plain ascii (with limitiations, etc), xargs -0 format, your
> suggestion of a cut-down pika escaping, etc, etc.

This particular formulation seems nice to me.  Better use a longer name
though ("pikaconv"?); pc means "pascal compiler"... :-)

> The point is having more applications than just tla, than can talk
> unicode.
>
> The point is in fact _minimizing_ duplication of code. At least AIUI.

Er, well my point was that for various reasons, tla basically needs the
functionality built-in for its own use.  However, presuming that tla
uses hacker-lab functions for 95% of the work anyway, perhaps the
source-code duplication would be minimal.

Packaging/dependcy issues could perhaps be minimized by shipping
pikaconv along with tla.

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]