Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU copyright assignment

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU copyright assignment
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:20:58 +1000

> More important than the fact that the forms are hidden---you don't
> have to sign them if you don't like them, and they are negotiable if
> the FSF wants your code bad enough, after all---is the fact that
> authors' names are may be hidden.

This is confusing, due to lack of grammar, and infuriatingly so, since
it sounds important and I want to understand it. Please rewrite it when
you get time so that I may understand what you're saying here.

> In the case of the FSF, as far as I
> know anything like that is inadvertant---they keep and publish good
> changelogs---but it's theoretically possible.  This means that if you
> want access to some code under some terms and the FSF won't give it to
> you, you are unable to ask the authors to give it to you under the
> "grant-back" clause.

This sounds like you're saying "sometimes the FSF FiretrUCKs up, and
loses correct attribution of code.

> That probably doesn't bother anybody else here, but with respect to my
> own contributions I dislike it.

In which case, use tla and make sure you have a good clean record of
your contributions in such case...

like, isn't that obvious ???

Please clarify
Zen