Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch's file naming scheme is shell unfriendly

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch's file naming scheme is shell unfriendly
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:14:40 +0200

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 01:15 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> This is like saying, we use emacs, you should use it too.
> Trust us, you will get used to it and end up <bold>liking</bold> it.
> This may or may not be true for particular individuals.

Dude, if that sentence on the wiki annoys you, you are welcome to edit
it out.

I do not care anymore about all that discussion, and I would support any
_sane_ patch to move the naming conventions out of way so people can
focus their energy on constructive discussion instead or rehashing the
same arguments again and again. I would not me surprised that this
position is shared by a significant fraction of the devels.

When you have a patch which makes you happy, you can talk of the _real_
problem of the day, which is the lack of any apparent working release
process to merge your patch into a release.

--
                                                            -- ddaa