Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:05:41 +0100

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:44:12AM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> You mean, whose who like the {files} names do not use zsh or tcsh.
>
> As for +files and =files, the users of all shells unnecessarily suffer.

I don't see why. I use zsh and it has no problems with {arch}, +files or
=files. My programs (including my editor) are not too keen on the
+files, but that is easily overcome by typing ./ in front.

> Using ,files to indicate temporary files causes less real-life conflicts.
> It does conflict with {file1,file2} syntax of all shells though.

True, but this seems a rather artificial gripe. I'd be interested to
know: have you ever actually needed to use that syntax with junk files?

Stig