Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0

From: Federico P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:07:05 +0100

Uh!
I'm sorry if i somehow irritated you with my opinion :(
I also must thank you for so dectailed answer, whenever i'll be able to read
so hard questions in english i'll give a try to your docs.
Back in topic, i'm not trying to give a programming scheme for this game

quote:
> Ants work, for sure, but they are ultra-complex devices with thousands of
> sensors, hundreds of actuators, and one-quarter million neurons.
[...]
> So, as a conclusion, let us say that yes, emergence is a very interesting
> phenomenon, but that our models of it and its usefulness as an engineering
> tool are so weak that we could as well try to become immortal for the same
> price.

I'm just trying to give a sense for the player which approach the game and
can't find coerence for his role in the globulation scheme.
We are talkin about a storyline, environment and graphic effects.

If i get you right, you talking about usefullness of emergency to solve
programming troubles (genetic algorithms, fuzzy logic or whatever) which for
sure doesn't fit programming needs in globulation (or maybe yes in IA..
whatever).

Quinn Yee Qin Teh got me right:
[quote]
> The humans built the globs as a self-sustaining terraforming entity to
>terraform the planet, and the entire entity is controlled by a central AI,
>which is the player. The central AI is not located in a central CPU or
>location, but is an emergent entity as a result of the communication between
>the globs (is this what you mean Federico?).

Well i won't push this anymore if it's annoying.

greetz
-fede