Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0

From: dryad
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:18:05 -0000 (GMT)

> Creating a self-deployable, self-sustaining, and self-growing autonomous
> colony is a very difficult problem. So we could explain the mix of bio-
> engineering and 19th-century tech of globules societies this way.

mmm

this point makes me doubt.

ok, let's say globs are more autonomous, like they can move and act
independently, the got tentacle-like arms, as they are now in the game.
if you already have this, don't think you need to rely on steam anymore...
and btw, if you have a steam technology and the steam is not produced by
the globes theirselves, you need coke to burn or some other resource for
producing the necessary heat. it means you don't only need wheat as
primary resource.

in the meanwhile i'm working on the common graphic, things that wont
change anyway, like water, trees and stuff.
As long as someone doesn't say that the water must be pink^^