Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0

From: dryad
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:28:46 -0000 (GMT)

> Here's how I think the overall intelligence can fit in, but need some help
> with blending it into the lore:
>
> The humans built the globs as a self-sustaining terraforming entity to
> terraform the planet, and the entire entity is controlled by a central AI,
> which is the player. The central AI is not located in a central CPU or
> location, but is an emergent entity as a result of the communication
> between
> the globs (is this what you mean Federico?).

y, that's what i meant

> They have also been programmed to attack any other moving creatures
> sighted,
> unless it is a friendly glob. However, at some point because the globs got
> separated into different locations throughout the planet and survived on
> their own for some time, the central AI was split into separate entities
> as
> well. That's why they don't recognise 'enemy' globs when sighted, because
> they're not controlled by the same AI entity.

not any creature^^ they r not so fight-hungry^^
anyway y, they recognize any different color glob as an enemy.

> They haven't forgotten their original purpose, which is to terraform the
> planet. That is done by building special monuments on the ground (we could
> use this to separate the Prestige system from schools - create a new
> building type for prestige which is only enabled after level 3 schools)
> that's why whenever a faction builds a certain number of monuments on the
> ground, it wins, as it would have served its purpose.

that's a good one
you could make a "control points" game type. for winning you have to
maintain a monument on 4 control points at same time for 60 seconds for
example.

> To explain why you win by killing the other factions, theoretically
> speaking
> if you're the only faction of globs on the planet and there is no other
> force standing in your way, you will inevitably be able to achieve the
> purpose stated above.

y, but watch out for the wereglobs^^

> As for why the workers know where to harvest resources out of sight, we
> can
> say that the high level emergent AI (the player) does not have access to
> 100% of the combined knowledge of every single glob, but only have access
> their recent memory. The workers would not have gone to the off-sight
> resource recently, but they would have gone there some time ago. So they
> remember it even though the player doesn't.
>
> So there you go.

that's a good reason

thx