Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:03:27 +0100

> well i think this is a game feature that needs a fix. it's strange that
> units go to unexplored places to get resources.

The ability to fetch a resource out of sight seems critical for our type of
engine (automatic micro-management to work).

> > 4. Steph had included support for critters in our glob2 engine.
> > We have never used it, because we lack the graphics.
> > It would be nice, if the story could explain the existence of critters
> > too.
>
> they were the inhabitants of that moon i think, got no idea if the engine
> only supports wandering animals or something more organized that can
> actually attack back or build stuff.

The critter support is very simple: it is just a way to theme units and to
adjust their parameters. So by doing a computer-controlled race with specific
parameters, we can do various sort of critters.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net